March 3, 2009

Ugh... My stomach aches are becoming more frequent again. I know exactly what is causing them too; stress, too much coffee, and a lack of exercise. I want to fix all of that so badly but unfortunately my type a personality won't let me not stress, I need something to keep me going during these 12 hour daily stints in the studio, and I just stress out more about trying to figure out a time to exersice. I'm going to give myself an ulcer.

My second studio project is wrapping up. It is due next tuesday, ekk. I have a paper on a book we have been reading due this Thursday. I have a project for my other design class due next Thursday and a test in architectural history this Friday and we are getting assigned another book next week. This one has to be read and written about in a week.
This is definitly a program where you have to love architecture and really want to succeed. Good thing I can put a check next to both of those things.

Some of you have been asking what I want to do with architecture when I am done with the program. The answer;
I want to develop modular, affordable (and high end versions) housing units focusing on great space planning and materiality. ( this means shipping containers as structures, small space living with all the luxuries.).
I want to blend my love of color, pattern, and texture with the structural side. I love interior design (not decorating.) but I have wanted to do architecture since 7th grade. It was in my first shop class and we had to draft up a plan for a small portable tic-tac-toe game that we would then have to make. I loved the process of it, it was calming and I was good at it haha

A few random facts about me in relation to architecture:
- I hated playing with dolls and barbies. If friends wanted to play barbies or dolls when I was little I would create the house or redo their dollhouse.
- because of the comment above, I played with legos and got blocks as gifts.
- when I played legos the one thing I built frequently was hotels
- I don't remember this but it has been told to me that when I was little I was playing with my duplox blocks and my parents asked me what I was making and I relied "big buildings"
-I initially looked at architecture for my undergrad degree but changed to interior design when I was told it would be impossible to swim division 1 and do architecture. I now understand that what they told me was completely true
- I took an interior design and product design class in high school. I loved them both but loved the interior architecture side of design the most, this directed my decision towards interior architecture after hearing the above comment.
- I have wanted to design restaurants since high school. I worked in quite a few part time throughout high school and college and loved understanding how they worked and what could have been designed better.

Well I'm off to finish these cad drawings for tomorrow and start on that paper!

I hope you found my random facts interesting :)

1 comment:

SydneySue said...

All the tidbits about yourself are true, and I should know I gave birth to you, hahahaha. As for the stress level, please try to do some yoga or swimming or walkin before you go to bed each night. I know how your stomache bothers you during really stressful times and you do not want to wind up in the emergency room, so please do what is best for your health our little miss A personality. I know you don't believe this, but not everything has to be perfect. We love you and are soooo proud of you.

Mom