January 28, 2009

Well this week has been pretty crappy so far. I started classes. I have only had one so far but it looks like I can say goodbye to any form of social life for the next 3 months. We have 13 hours of in class studio time each week and they require 33 hours of outside of studio time per week. That brings the total to 46 hours per week of studio time for one class. I still have two more... I am excited, it just seems a bit daunting. I'm guessing everything else going on right now doesn't help that feeling either.

Please keep my grandpa and grandma VanLente in your prayers. They could really use all of them right now. I don't want to go too in depth but a quick recap is; My grandpa has leukemia. He is in remission but it has brought about other bad effects. He fell the other day and it was initially ruled that he was ok, scrapped up pretty badly, but ok. Come to find out now, he cracked quite a few of his ribs and is currently in (or was in. I'm still not positive on all of the details) heart failure. During the time my grandpa was in the hospital my grandma fell. She broke her hip and was scheduled for surgery. She is in congestive heart failure and was on blood thinners. They took her off of them in order for her to be able to go into surgery. This caused a clot to emerge and travel to her brain, causing her to have a stoke. From the updates she is pretty aware of everything going on but they don't know the full effect of the damage it caused. It has created a catch 22 of sorts... It has been a gut wrenching time this past week.

My concentration is off. I can only hope next week Thursday can get here quick so I can be at home with everyone.

I love you grandpa & grandma.

No comments: