June 5, 2008

A lot has been happening since the last time I wrote. Most of that is packing and running around the state trying to see everyone before I leave. Last night I got to go to AA to see Vineyard vogue. We got a pedicure which I was in dire need of and dinner at C.P.K. It was so good to see her again before I leave. It is going to be really hard not being close enough to just hop in my car and go visit and especially hard not being able to have her come with me to do all of the bride/moh planning.

Today I am heading back across the state once more. My brother is graduating form high school so I will be heading home to see him, my family, and friends for the weekend. It is so weird to think that both my brother and I have graduated and are now moving on to new and exciting things. B will be heading to GRCC in the fall to pursue his interest in digital media productions. From what I have seen of his work from high school I know he will do amazing things in the future. Good Luck B!

Another great thing I get to do today is get my new laptop. My old dell died about 3 months ago now and I have been waiting for this day for a while. I cannot wait to finally have so I can start using for wedding planning and everything else.
This will soon be my newest addition :)
Next thursday D and I have our first appointment for cake tasting. It is with Sweet Cakes Design.

She has a variety of cake designs but there are a few that we both love.

(a cake she did for a recent wedding)
(some of the cupcakes she has done)



We know we want very simple probably with a ribbon around the base of each layer. Right now we are pretty sure we are only going to do a small two tiered cake with cupcakes. I want the small cake to cut into and then the top tier to save for our first anniversary. For the cupcakes I DO NOT want any cupcake stands. For whatever reason I think they are hideous (sorry if any of you are using them, its just a personal opinion), so instead I want to start collecting really neat cake stands and using those at different heights to display the cupcakes.

Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

CPK=I am so jealous! YUM :)


I love that first cake-so pretty!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Ooh, that top cake was a wedding I did! Love it :)

Dana said...

I really want cupcakes at my wedding. Thanks for the idea of using a variety of cake stands.