April 26, 2008

I'm officially done with my undergrad tomorrow! We have commencement and then a senior gala right afterwards and after that I think my family will be going out to eat to celebrate. I am so glad to be done with school for a while! I am planning on going back for my masters in business once D is finished with dental school, I figure it will be of more worth to me than a masters in interior design. I guess we will just have to see how things pan out.

Today has mostly been spent relaxing. After exams last week and D parents visiting this week I am exhausted. While D's parents were here we went to Chicago though which was amazing as always. It was their first time down there and I think they really liked it as well.



There isn't much new in wedding news. Right now I am just trying to find a ceremony location which is harder than I would have though. We are looking for a beach location on Lake Michigan somewhere between Holland and Grand Haven. The hardest part is that to get anything to have to rent a cottage with it as well or deal with a large number of people that could possibly be around (for the public locations). I really just want something easily accessible that doesn't cost much (or anything) to rent for a few hours. You would think that Michigan having the longest fresh water coastline in the world this would be a very easy task but it definitely is not. All of the area in which I am looking is either privately owned (so a house/cottage would have to be rented for a week) or public (meaning lots of people around...). If anyone knows of anything in the area I would be happy to have the suggestions!

Ok, I'm off for more relaxing :)

5 comments:

Juice said...

Try Camp Bloodgett or try real estate company - maybe they have house you could rent out on the shore that has beach frontage. Or just call a random house that you like. You never know.

Kate said...

CONGRATS!!

The Golden Years said...

Reading your post made me think about a family friend (one of my step-mom's close friends) who's parents have a great place in Grand Haven right on the water. If you're interested, I can talk to her about possibly being able to access their area of the beach? Just a thought! We'll chat about it later!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Kate--I just got your message, and I do have one unique Holland location. Ventura Pines Cottage. I'm doing a wedding there this September--I'm actually going to check it out tomorrow. The bride + groom booked it in January and it's amazing! Google it--you will LOVE the photos!

Jenna said...

I added you to my blogroll tonight, let me know if that's not okay!